Ascend eligibility requirements are:
- Student must reside in DHA supported housing
- Student must be preparing to enter his/her second year in an institution of higher learning
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Complete eight (8) hours of Community Service with an agency of applicant’s choice
- Must complete this application
To apply for this scholarship, students submit the following:
- Completed scholarship packet
- Proof of registration
- An official transcript
- Proof of Community Service (documented on agency letterhead with
contact name and number)
- Address & telephone number of the institution of higher learning
- Address & telephone number of the department that the scholarship will
- Student’s address & telephone number on campus
- Two letters of recommendation
- Complete the “Let’s Talk About You” section
- A typed 500-word essay (no longer than 550 words)
Essay Theme: The Pros and Cons of a Virtual College Education.
Please include answers to the following questions in your essay:
- What could have made your learning experience better?
- What could you have done differently?
- What has this learning experience taught you about yourself?
Each Essay will be judged on:
- Quality of content
- Ability to captivate the reader
- Correct grammar usage (punctuation and spelling)
- Overall presentation
Deadline: October 4, 2021 at 11:59 pm